Good monitor review site?

Author Reply
mal
Flag
Comments:165
Thread Kills:40(8%)
AATG Pts:85
Star Rating
Now that I've got my Eee PC set up as a good little RAW processing station, I'm thinking about getting a separate monitor for when I'm at home - 1024x600 is a bit of a stretch for the GIMP, and the viewing angle's a bit annoying for setting white balance.

So I went to Tom's Hardware, who used to have great monitor reviews that went into loads of detail (kind of like a dpreview review for a monitor) but I see now they've not done one for a couple of years. Has anyone come across any good sites for monitor reviews now?

So far a quick google has found xbitlabs.com, which has a good amount of detail in its reviews. Unfortunately, finding any of the monitors they review for sale is pretty tricky, it seems.
#1 at 14:56:24 - 01/10/2008
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Trusted Reviews do a decent job at monitor (and other tech) reviews, as their name suggests!
#2 at 15:16:45 - 01/10/2008
mal
Flag
Comments:165
Thread Kills:40(8%)
AATG Pts:85
Star Rating
Ah yes, of course. For some reason I'd forgotten about Trusted Reviews - I've looked at their compact camera reviews before, and they've been very handy.

Still, the reviews I've looked at there barely have more than a paragraph or two about image quality, which doesn't much help me distinguish one monitor for another.

Perhaps I should give up trying to find a good, future-proof monitor and just wander into PC world and buy the cheapest thing going. After all, the bog standard HP LCD I'm typing this on is adequate (and as soon as you move a picture to another screen, absolute adjustments become rather pointless). Still, I had a V7 monitor here before the HP, and that was hateful in every way (mainly because it couldn't sync to a VGA signal reliably).
#3 at 15:53:33 - 01/10/2008

home