Author Reply
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
There's not much point in one thread for each (apart from Batman) but there is news of the next Superman film being under development.

Hopefully they show some ambition this time and don't try to remake one of the others like they did last time. Superkid getting killed before the opening credits would be nice too.
#1 at 23:29:58 - 12/03/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal

Yeah, I was excited too :)
#2 at 19:47:04 - 13/03/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Trailer for the new Hulk film.

It's lonely in here :'(
#3 at 20:02:43 - 13/03/2008
Menace
Flag
Comments:4
Thread Kills:15(3%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
Looks anything but... incredible.

I hope Iron Man delivers the goods. The death of Heath Ledger will probably affect my experience of seeing Batman '2'.. Superman was shite, and I expect nothing less from a sequel.
#4 at 22:25:24 - 13/03/2008
JimJam
Flag
Comments:189
Thread Kills:162(6%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I think it looks okay, in a pretty simple "Hulk Smash" sort of way. nothing like Ang Lee's one, which I thought was pretty good.

Iron Man and The Dark Knight are my main hopes though.
#5 at 02:32:38 - 14/03/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Now Ant-Man:

Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright revealed recently that he's working on the second draft of the Ant-Man adaptation, which promises to be a slightly less comedic film than what he's known for (but not humorless, I would guess), including the news that the story will actually involve both men who have called themselves Ant-Man in the comics: Dr. Hank Pym and criminal-turned-good-guy, Scott Lang. I think it's very interesting that both are included, because Ant-Man is probably one of the "Avengers Prelude" movies (along with Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc), I can't help but wonder if this movie might not actually produce more than Ant-Man. If Scott Lang comes out of the movie being Ant-Man, that could leave room for Hank Pym to become Giant-Man/Goliath in the Avengers movie (really big guy instead of a really tiny guy). Anyway, I can't say I've been super-fascinated with movies about teensy-tiny people (The Incredible Shrinking Man, etc), but the idea of a superhero who ride around on a flying ant is inherently cool on some level. He's got a massive white helmet too.

Source: Rotten Tomatoes
#6 at 03:19:14 - 15/03/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Green Lantern:

Greg Berlanti, the TV wunderkind behind shows like Dirty Sexy Money, Brothers and Sisters and Eli Stone is eyeing to make his first big budget feature film with a project that is decidedly unlike any of his TV shows (with the possible exception of the Eli Stone dream sequences), cowriting and directing the long-awaited Green Lantern movie. With several different human character having worn the Green Lantern ring since the characters 1940s roots, what and who exactly Green Lantern is depends upon the individual fan, and what their exposure has been. For kids who mostly know the recent Justice League cartoons, it might be John Stewart (being played by rapper Common in the JLA movie, a separate project). The classic hero, I think, however is pilot Hal Jordan, and from what I've heard, that is who Berlanti is focusing on for this movie. Hal Jordan's tenure as Green Lantern is the longest, and with a later career as a destructive villain, the darkest and most interesting character arc that could be played out over a few movies, potentially. Berlanti sounds like he really loves the Green Lantern property, so I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

Chances of any of these being any good: 1/1000
#7 at 03:19:59 - 15/03/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Harbinger:

Paramount acquired the rights this week to Harbinger, a relatively now-forgotten 1990s comic book series published by Valiant Comics, and created by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. I never read Harbinger, but what I gather is that its story involved young people with amazing abilities, in a (non-costume-wearing) spin on the X-Men, Marvel mutants, etc. That's also a concept that NBC's Heroes basically does as well. Anyway, if this movie gets made, the director that Paramount has in mind is Brett Ratner, who came aboard for the third X-Men movie, and turned out a loud, sloppy mess of an ensemble hero movie. Well, at least with Harbinger, it's a superhero movie that not even most die-hard comic book fans have a whole lot invested in. So, he can basically do whatever he wants, and with low expectations, maybe we can only come out winners. Except, on a grander scale, whenever $100 million or so goes to a big budget superhero movie you don't care about, that's potentially one that a fan would really love, that doesn't get made.

Not that Holywood is running out of ideas for 'blockbusters'...
#8 at 03:21:50 - 15/03/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
JimJam said:I think it looks okay, in a pretty simple "Hulk Smash" sort of way. nothing like Ang Lee's one, which I thought was pretty good.

Iron Man and The Dark Knight are my main hopes though.

Dark Knight could easily end up being one of the films of the year - the talent behind it is incredible and Nolan has shown he knows what he's doing. As long as the studio leave him to it then it's in safe hands.

I'm less sure of Iron Man so far. It could still go either way - The Fanstasic Four looked okay based on the initial trailers and turned out to be shite.
#9 at 03:24:46 - 15/03/2008
JimJam
Flag
Comments:189
Thread Kills:162(6%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Yeah, I think it's going to be a very different type of film to Dark Knight. More in the vein of FF, a bit more of a lighthearted knockabout action thing. Infact I think Downey Jr alluded to that in an interview last year, that it wouldn't be dark at all. Which, considering they had the whole alcoholism substrand they could have looked at, would have been possible.

If Favreau gets it right, and with that cast he's got some great talent to work with, it could be excellent.
#10 at 11:07:03 - 15/03/2008
NewYork
Flag
Comments:1481
Thread Kills:105(2%)
AATG Pts:330
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Man of Steel teaser.

Two points:

1. Seems to have gorgeous "Tree of Life"-style camerawork
2. AMY ADAMS IS IN IT YAAAAAAAAY