Author Reply
Khanivor
Flag
Comments:11
Thread Kills:28(8%)
AATG Pts:80
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Bored and a bit drunk so C&P from EG time!...

Yes, such things as good jobs do exist. I didn't believe it until recently. Till then my previous best had been working as a cook for a year and a half in a pub. Worked with mates, spent most of the time eating and curled up on top of one of the chest freezers reading books. Or downstairs kipping on the sofa in the staff room if there was two of us on at the same time. Occasionally we would bring in a bottle of vodie, maybe some pills and very regular some pot. Helped to pass the time. Only bummer was when it was busy it was fucking busy. And hot. And sucked.

Now I've a job answering phones for some dude selling canoes. helping him sort out his website too.(not uploaded yet :S) But the best bit? Well, he also runs a brew on premises enterprise as well. So I get to watch people brew beer and then sample as much of the brewed beer as I please. Oh, and I also don't have set hours; when I'm here till when I'm not.

Anyone else had sweet jobs that you wish would go on for ever, (and pay enough to make that viable)?
#1 at 04:30:54 - 19/07/2007
JohnnyM60
Flag
Comments:58
Thread Kills:9(2%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Have yet to find that unfortunately.

Worked part-time in a vets (gay or what) and worked at Sainsburys. Both fucking awful. I used to dream about working the checkouts every night kept hearing the *beep* noise in bed. Was decent money for what I actually did though.
#2 at 04:45:06 - 19/07/2007
Salaman
Flag
Comments:40
Thread Kills:88(7%)
AATG Pts:130
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I've enjoyed most my jobs really except for some shitty summer vacation work back in the days.
Although none of this free beer and flexible hours jobs so far.

#3 at 12:14:31 - 19/07/2007
Legion
Flag
Comments:18
Thread Kills:54(3%)
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I once turned down the opportunity to work for the Daily Sport.

Idiot.

#4 at 12:17:14 - 19/07/2007
boabg
Flag
Comments:13
Thread Kills:52(4%)
AATG Pts:65
Star Rating
Best job I had was being a van boy for a drinks distribution company. Basically I sat in a big van being driven all around Scotland having a top fucking laugh.

Now and again we'd stop at a boozer, get out of the van and take in a load of drink. Most places would give you a few bottles or cans for your trouble. We'd also leave all deliveries to Chinese, Indian and Italian restaurants till around lunch time and they'd always happily give you food.

Delivering to nightclubs in Glasgow was always good too as you got to know all the staff and doormen so getting in anywhere was never a problem.

The pay was crap though and you can only really do it till you're about 21. Or else you look like a prat.
#5 at 13:11:11 - 19/07/2007
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Legion said:I once turned down the opportunity to work for the Daily Sport.

Idiot.

lol.

My current translation work is pretty much my ideal job, so hopefully I'll be able to continue doing that until I'm very old.
#6 at 13:33:14 - 19/07/2007
DocX
Flag
Comments:5
Thread Kills:9(6%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Game designer, although it's lost it's shine over the years (as does anything if you do it for long enough). Game tester was great too, under paid and under valued but there was an awesome atmosphere, great banter and team spirit, plus this was at the start of Ocean's decline so it was free bars and credit cards behind the till on a regular basis.
#7 at 13:50:33 - 19/07/2007
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Second best job ever - a life model.

Snigger all you like but it was £65 a session (with sessions being 1-2 hours long).

I'd kill for pay like that now.

Plus it got me laid a fair amount too. Always a bonus.

Peej
#8 at 14:14:11 - 19/07/2007
Roobs
Flag
Comments:4
Thread Kills:7(2%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Working on the bars at Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena was great fun for me. Occasionally there'd be the odd angry supporter shouting abuse at me, or I'd get moaned at about the price of beer. Also, I had to open all bottles by hand, so my hands were blistered and dripping with blood by the end of my 12 or 13 hour shift but I still loved working there. Bizarre.
#9 at 14:23:14 - 19/07/2007
Spin Dr Wolf
Flag
Comments:41
Thread Kills:14(6%)
AATG Pts:100
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
peej said:Second best job ever - a life model.

Nekkid ?

I don't think i could do that, for one reason...
I would be sat there slightly bored trying to keep still and would be busy amusing myself with interesting thoughts. Its then a case of when not if i end up with a stonking hard on. That would be pretty embarassing.
#10 at 14:59:27 - 19/07/2007
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Spin Dr Wolf said:
peej said:Second best job ever - a life model.

Nekkid ?

I don't think i could do that, for one reason...
I would be sat there slightly bored trying to keep still and would be busy amusing myself with interesting thoughts. Its then a case of when not if i end up with a stonking hard on. That would be pretty embarassing.

Had no such problems - the studio was too cold! Though that presented its own set of problems...

Peej
#11 at 18:22:53 - 19/07/2007
Salaman
Flag
Comments:40
Thread Kills:88(7%)
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
So what you're in fact saying is that somewhere out there are lots and lots of very amateurish nude drawings of Peej?

/googles for blackmail material
#12 at 19:10:40 - 19/07/2007
Lovemoose
Flag
Comments:11
Thread Kills:2(3%)
AATG Pts:10
Star Rating
The one I lost last October. Still gutted. I miss the lads I worked with as much as the work. Don't tell them that. If they ask, they're all a shower of bastards...

Though I start in September at an Girls Grammar School, so that might be a laugh.
#13 at 20:10:04 - 19/07/2007
El_MUERkO
Flag
Comments:71
Thread Kills:26(4%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Gold Medal
I was 20.

I worked in a video shop for two years, which basically meant I got paid for doing nothing with all the free videos and computer games I wanted thrown in.

It was on a little row of shops (pub to the left, brilliant pizza restaurant to the right) and served very few people so I had a lot of free time and deals with all the shops of the road, free videos for free stuff.

The shop was open from 12 in the day to 10 at night which meant I was going out most nights of the week, staying out till 3/4/5 in the morning and still opening the shop on time the next day (most of the time).

Within two months of starting I got my waster friend Dan a job and a few others joined too, we were like the fucking mafia, everyone knew us and we sorted everyone out.

We had a recommended section and I transferred in the best movies you could think of from across the chain, rare copies of old films like Assault of Precinct 13 and Labyrinth for us to watch, we had the football on the TV for the whole of world cup 98.

I met my girlfriend at the time in the shop, she was a stunner and ... it was fun. It was the perfect job for someone in college and I wouldn't change that time for anything in the world.
#14 at 20:32:52 - 19/07/2007
Furbs
Flag
Comments:45
Thread Kills:37(2%)
AATG Pts:105
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Working at Game for the fun aspect, probably the best bunch of guys I ever worked with, every day was a laugh even when being shat on from head office and customers.

Working for Gateway Computers will probably always be my fave though. Company really valued people, had a brilliant approach to retail and always had some new and exciting product planned.

My new job has the potential to be the best though...dont suppose theres any IT Managers who support more than 150 staff reading? :)
#15 at 21:29:41 - 19/07/2007
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Only had three jobs (I'm so young :o) ). The first was in a vets - I hate dogs so that didn't last long. The second was okay at times but a trained monkey could do it - checking lists, looking at engineering drawings.

The current one has it's moments of extreme frustration caused by others being useless/lying etc. but generally is pretty good - a lot of variation and a decent challenge sometimes.

Needs more hot girls though, only one now - but she's married with a baby.

Edit: 4 edits to make the last sentence English. Grr.
#16 at 21:36:01 - 19/07/2007
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Salaman said:So what you're in fact saying is that somewhere out there are lots and lots of very amateurish nude drawings of Peej?

/googles for blackmail material

Yep - and one or two good ones...

Peej
#17 at 22:20:35 - 19/07/2007
nekotcha
Flag
Comments:175
Thread Kills:38(2%)
AATG Pts:140
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Heh, jobs that start late are such a bad idea. When I was working at Sainsbury's I'd have weeks where I'd be working from 2 till 10 each day, then get home and have a few beers with my mates (who all had 9-5 jobs) until far too late before going to bed and sleeping through 'till 11 or 12 the next day.

Actually reading that back now it actually sounds awesome.

/Re-applies to Sainsbury's
#18 at 22:47:33 - 19/07/2007
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Lovemoose said:
Though I start in September at an Girls Grammar School, so that might be a laugh.

Hot damn!
#19 at 00:09:07 - 20/07/2007
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
/gets ready to read headlines involving Lovemoose and schoolgirls
#20 at 00:39:24 - 20/07/2007

home