Game samples used in songs

Author Reply
mal
Flag
Comments:165
Thread Kills:40(8%)
AATG Pts:85
Star Rating
Gah! I've got a song stuck in my head, and it's driving me mad. Not just because it's stuck in my head on a little loop though - that happens to me all the time, and it's usually really inane songs. The other day, I got the Terry and June theme tune stuck in a loop.

But today it's Get Down by Groove Armada. And what's particularly annoying me is that sample in it. You know the one, it goes: Dah, dah, dah, dah, deeeeeeeeeeeee, dah, dah, dah, dah, deeeeeeeee. I'm sure I recognise it, but I don't know from where. I think it's from a game, and it's got a certain Sega ring to it...

Is anyone able to put me out of my misery. And at the same time, has anyone else spotted any interesting game samples being used in mainstream songs?
#1 at 18:49:03 - 26/04/2007
eviltobz
Flag
Comments:68
Thread Kills:15(5%)
AATG Pts:80
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
hows about the ambassadors of funk with mc mario's supermarioland?

"Even my ma, she thinks I'm crazy, but I've got to rescue Daisy."
#2 at 19:03:52 - 26/04/2007
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
mal said:Gah! I've got a song stuck in my head, and it's driving me mad. Not just because it's stuck in my head on a little loop though - that happens to me all the time, and it's usually really inane songs. The other day, I got the Terry and June theme tune stuck in a loop.

But today it's Get Down by Groove Armada. And what's particularly annoying me is that sample in it. You know the one, it goes: Dah, dah, dah, dah, deeeeeeeeeeeee, dah, dah, dah, dah, deeeeeeeee. I'm sure I recognise it, but I don't know from where. I think it's from a game, and it's got a certain Sega ring to it...

Is anyone able to put me out of my misery. And at the same time, has anyone else spotted any interesting game samples being used in mainstream songs?

Thank gawd I'm not the only one who thought they'd nicked it from a game. It's been bugging the FUCK out of me (not that the song doesn't do that anyway).

Bits of it remind me of Rez for some reason. Definitely something SEGA-ey.

If you do find out mate, let us know!

Peej
#3 at 21:49:26 - 26/04/2007
Furbs
Flag
Comments:45
Thread Kills:37(2%)
AATG Pts:105
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Perfect Day to Drop The Bomb by Carter USM had the sound of a Spectrum loading at the start.
#4 at 21:54:52 - 26/04/2007
mal
Flag
Comments:165
Thread Kills:40(8%)
AATG Pts:85
Star Rating
peej said:
Bits of it remind me of Rez for some reason. Definitely something SEGA-ey.

If you do find out mate, let us know!

The broken bass of the verse of the song is reminiscent of some of the artists on Rez. But that particular chorus sample reminds me of earlier (Saturn era perhaps) AM2 - you know, really cheesy.
#5 at 15:45:21 - 27/04/2007
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Yup....

Still nagging at me this. I thought it might've been the bit they did for a Rayman game, and they'd just reused it but it's not.

Peej
#6 at 15:57:32 - 27/04/2007

home